Today we're releasing React v0.11.1 to address a few small issues. Thanks to everybody who has reported them as they've begun upgrading.
The first of these is the most major and resulted in a regression with the use of
componentWillMount when using React on the server. These
setState calls are batched into the initial render. A change we made to our batching code resulted in this path hitting DOM specific code when run server-side, in turn throwing an error as
document is not defined.
There are several fixes we're including in v0.11.1 that are focused around the newly supported
event.getModifierState() function. We made some adjustments to improve this cross-browser standardization.
The final fix we're including is to better support a workaround for some IE8 behavior. The edge-case bug we're fixing was also present in v0.9 and v0.10, so while it wasn't a short-term regression, we wanted to make sure we support IE8 to the best of our abilities.
We'd also like to call out a couple additional breaking changes that we failed to originally mention in the release notes for v0.11. We updated that blog post and the changelog, so we encourage you to go read about the changes around Descriptors and Prop Type Validation.
The release is available for download from the CDN:
Dev build with warnings: http://fb.me/react-0.11.1.js
Minified build for production: http://fb.me/react-0.11.1.min.js
- React with Add-Ons
Dev build with warnings: http://fb.me/react-with-addons-0.11.1.js
Minified build for production: http://fb.me/react-with-addons-0.11.1.min.js
- In-Browser JSX transformer
We've also published version
0.11.1 of the
react-tools packages on npm and the
react package on bower.
Please try these builds out and file an issue on GitHub if you see anything awry.
React Core #
Bug Fixes #
setStatecan be called inside
componentWillMountin non-DOM environments
SyntheticMouseEvent.getEventModifierStatecorrectly renamed to
getModifierStatecorrectly returns a
getModifierStateis now correctly case sensitive
- Empty Text node used in IE8
innerHTMLworkaround is now removed, fixing rerendering in certain cases
- Fix duplicate variable declaration (caused issues in some browsers)